JAKARTA – Disaster Management Center (DMC) Dompet Dhuafa, together with the Joint SAR Team, are still conducting search efforts for two children suspected of drowning in the Ciliwung River, Jagakarsa, South Jakarta.
Two victims reportedly drowned, Satria (11) and Bintang (7). Both drowned on Sunday (15/01/2023) at around 17.00 WIB while playing with six colleagues in the Ciliwung River, Jagakarsa, South Jakarta.
The SAR operation involved dozens of joint SAR personnel and divided the search area into three teams. The first team searched with sweeps along the Ciliwung River using inflatable boats up to a radius of 5 km from the scene.
The second team searched with a visual sweep along the banks of the Ciliwung River up to a radius of 5 km from the scene. Meanwhile, the third team swept below the water’s surface using Aqua Eye and Underwater Searching Device, followed by diving around the scene.
It is known that Satria (11) has been found by the Joint SAR Team, who carried out a visual sweep on Tuesday (17/1/23). The victim was seen floating on the banks of the CIliwung River in a deceased condition.
“The victim was found by the combined SAR element at around 06.45 WIB this morning at a radius of 1.6 km from the scene and then evacuated to Fatmawati Hospital,” said Fazzli, Head of the Jakarta SAR Office as SAR Mission Coordinator (SMC) in SAR operations.
Furthermore, Risqy Qays, one of the DMC Dompet Dhuafa Team who directly searched for victims, revealed that the search for the second victim was again carried out by sweeping to Manggarai using an engine boat.
“Thank God one victim has been found. Next, we continue the search for the second victim. Today’s search efforts will be expanded by conducting sweeps using one engine boat to Manggarai, one rafting boat to Kalibata, one standby boat and bland at the first discovery point (kedung gede),” explained Risqy Qays through a short message.
As of Wednesday (18/01/23), local communities and hundreds of Joint SAR personnel were deployed in search efforts. This Joint SAR personnel consist of:
- Search And Rescue (SAR) Jakarta Office
- Dompet Dhuafa (DMC) Disaster Management Center
- Metro Jaya Sabhara Polda (Regional Police)
- Jagakarsa Police Station
- TNI (Indonesian National Army)
- Jagakarsa Satpol PP (Civil Service Police Unit)
- Kelapa Dua Brimob (Mobile Brigade)
- DKI Jakarta BPBD (Regional Disaster Management Agency)
- DKI Jakarta Firefighters
- Jagakarsa Babinsa (Village Trustee NCO / Non-Commissioned Officer)
- Indonesian Red Cross South Jakarta
- Squad PBI
- Search And Rescue (SAR) Lenteng
- Sedekah Nusantara
- LMK (Village Consultative Council)
- BANSER (The Nahdlatul Ulama Multipurpose Font)
- IEA Tangerang
- Potential DAR 115
- Gerak Bareng
- IEA Jaksel
- Ciliwung Bambon
- SAR MTA
- SAUNG BAMBU
- RW 08
- PPSU Lenteng Agung
- Bazis (Amil Zakat and Infaq / Shadaqoh Agency)
- Baznas (National Amil Zakat Agency)
- Team Response
- Primas Rescue
- Tangerang IEA (Intertional Energy Agency)
- Jakarta Greater IEA (International Energy Agency)
- Semut Hitam
- Indonesia’s Disaster Response